Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Ford Designs Baby Crib that Simulates Car Ride

My parents always tell me stories from when I was a little baby about how I would always have to be put in the car and driven around for a while before I fell asleep. I never liked to sleep as a baby, apparently, but the movement of the car and the sound of the engine always knocked me out when my mom was having an especially hard time getting me to drift off into slumber.

Heck, even now, I still fall asleep in the car when we go on long road trips.

I'm also not the only one out there who was like this as a child, because Ford Spain just designed a new baby crib that simulates a car ride.

The Max Motor Dream Crib is a parent's - and baby's - dream come true. It was designed originally as a way to advertise Ford's Max range of family vehicles. But with this crib, parents are able to record their child's favorite car ride and the crib will simulate it - complete with engine noises, LED lights and all.



The design of the crib itself is futuristic looking, but it has wood paneling along the sides the evoke the old-time feel of when wood paneling adorned station wagons, traditionally considered family vehicles.



I think that this is a genius idea, and it's a great way for Ford Spain to market their line of family-friendly cars. What's more family-friendly than a baby falling asleep in the back on a long road trip or even a jaunt off to the supermarket?

What do you think of Ford's Max Motor Dream Crib?



1 comment:

  1. I know a lot of people who would love to have one of these in their house. I think it's really neat that Ford is thinking outside the box, as it allows the car company to tap into a new market. I agree that it does a great job of marketing the brand as family-friendly. The traditional yet modern appearance of the crib is a cool approach to evoking nostalgia in new age.

    ReplyDelete