Wednesday, March 30, 2016

#Addys2016

Just a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend the Pittsburgh Advertising Awards (The Addys) with the Pittsburgh Advertising Federation as a student volunteer. As a volunteer I got to participate in judging weekend back in January. While there I set up all of the print work for the judges to review and saw which pieces won and which agencies received awards. While I dedicated almost an entire weekend of my time, it was definitely worth it and the opportunity to network with Ad Fed professionals in such a personal setting was payment enough.

As an award show volunteer, I helped with registration and handed out the awards. Brunnerworks, one of the region's biggest agencies, always walks away with the most prizes and this year was no different. Other big winners included MARC USA, Garrison Hughes and Wall-to-Wall Studios. Below are some of the print campaigns that were winners.




This year I am interning for one of the agencies that won big, MARC USA. It was exciting to see/feel the energy the agency had the next day when everybody found out the awards they had won. The above ad designed for the Roberto Clemente Museum won a gold Addy for the Agency as well as a Judges' Award of Excellence, along with this spot for Rite Aid

Here are a few other pictures and a link to the Post Gazette Article.






2 comments:

  1. Going to the Addy's must have been an amazing experience! I had the opportunity to look through the program and see all this year's winners. Just looking at the advertisements that won made me happy to be within this profession. The level of creativity and emotion involved in every ad was something every advertiser should be proud of. Being in an environment such as that must have been so inspiring and motivational. I hope you had the opportunity to network with some of the professionals and take in every bit of creative advice they offered. The following day at my internship at MARC USA, I too could sense the excitement of coming away big from The Addy's. The awards on full display at the front desk and the numerous emails going out throughout the day was exciting to be a part of that atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete