Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Some Pretty Awesome Advertising Here in Pittsburgh

Yesterday I took the T for the first time in a few months. I went down the steps toward North Shore and when I turned around, this is what I saw.


I have to say this is one of the coolest ads I have ever seen. I thought the placement was perfect. People traveling to see the Pens at Consol would definitely see this as they walk up the steps after exiting the T, coming from South Hills Village. Most fans would be coming from this direction because the T line ends at North Shore from the opposite end.

The headline "Slide with Pride" has a double meaning. Slide (or swipe) your debit MasterCard with pride because it now has the Pens logo on it, just like the Pens slide on the ice. The blueish / white background adds to the feeling that it is on ice, like Pens hockey. If you stand far enough away, it looks like it is one solid sign hanging down. You wouldn't even know that there are steps until you get closer.

The Slide with Pride campaign is in sponsorship with the Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburgh Penguins. All customers have an incentive to swipe. For instance, each purchase entitles Debit MasterCard users to 10% off Penguins merchandise at PensGear!

Now I'm on the hunt to find more steps as cool as these!

No comments:

Post a Comment