Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Here's a Start, Follow Adweek.

My weekdays typically starts off with a struggle to get out of bed and conceding to the fact that I will have to rush to make it to work on time. Despite the awareness of the situation and the amount of stress this predicament brings, I reluctantly do not change my ways.

While this mad-dash has become early-morning routine, so too has opening my web browser and navigating to the authority on all things marketing, media and advertising: Adweek.com.

Many of us have our go-to sites. For me, Adweek is a daily must to see what's buzzing in the industry. Take for example this fun read:

Want to Produce Craft Beyond the Norm? Hire Confident Oddballs 



Or this more analytical perspective on:

What Branding Experts Think About Coca-Cola's New Product-Centric Campaign 


Or this one... I guess: 

Nursery Rhyme Characters Teach Baby CPR in (Quite a Peculiar) Song

 



My point is, as you too will craft a morning routine, I urge you to begin incorporating Adweek.com into your daily formula. Sometimes it will inspire, sometimes it will be informative, while other times it will leave you scratching your head... the silver lining: you'll never forget how to give a baby CPR

- Matt McDermit

2 comments:

  1. I too enjoy starting my day off looking at recently published articles on AdWeek. I typically go straight to the "advertising & branding" tab to get a look at whats new in the industry. Being that most of my classes have something to do with advertising, I like to get a jump on what I might hear about from my fellow student that day in class. I think it's important to know whats happening in the industry in order to keep up with new trends and ideas. I also read, and wrote about, the first article you posted about hiring confident oddballs. I completely relate to this article on so many levels. Working in a creative field such as advertising, we're constantly surrounded by interesting, out of the box thinkers. Being around these people is what often motivates our creative minds as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During my week, I usually find myself looking for something to read or do on my phone before the start of whatever class I am in. This typically leads me to either Facebook, The Washington Post, or Fantasy Hockey. So, in that regard, adding something new to the mix is always welcome. I have heard of AdWeek before but never really knew what it was exactly. After reading this article I looked into AdWeek and now can happily say that it has become a part of my weekly routine as well. Being an advertising major, I really enjoy reading all of the posts on it.

    ReplyDelete