Tuesday, September 20, 2011

DiGiorno Pizza


I am sure that we all know the typical catch line of "It's not delivery, its DiGiorno!" for the frozen pizza brand of DiGiorno Pizza. But in this recent add, the company is not really focused on telling the audience to compare their pizza to delivery pizza. Instead, they want the consumer to compare it to other health foods and see that the brand has released a new whole wheat pizza crust.

I think that the advertisement is effective because of the large image and the fact that the actual product is being displayed for the viewer. Also, the image of the product box is displayed in the lower right hand corner to show what the customer should look for while shopping for the item in the store. The headline of the article is also unique but without the image of the pizza you wouldn't know what they are comparing wheat bagels to. Overall the advertisement caught my attention due to the colors and images and made me read it and therefore I find it to be effective.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I agree with this new found advertising scheme. I believe that DiGiorno should just stick with the orginal and somewhat humorous "It's not delivery" commercials and motto.

    What do bagels have to do with pizza? Bagels are for breakfast. Are we supposed to eat pizza for breakfast now that its crust is made of whole wheat? Is America supposed to stop making homemade pizza out of their wheat bagels because we can now buy the pizza already wheat-icized?

    After viewing this ad, I'm left with an empty stomach and the question: When did bagels start growing arms and waving flags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wheat bagels everywhere are waving the white flag."

    Why? Is the crust made out of a wheat bagel? Because that's what I'm imagining thanks to that headline.

    I agree with Kathryn's statements, too. Bagels are for breakfast and pizza, typically, is not, but are we supposed to start eating DiGiorno for breakfast now because it has a wheat crust?

    Also, is that slice of pizza floating?

    ReplyDelete