Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Samsung "Do What You Can't" Commercial

As I've been watching the Olympics for the past few days, I have seen this Samsung commercial multiple times. The entire concept of this commercial is to keep practicing doing what you can't do, until you eventually are able to do it. A girl who doesn't think she can walk with a prosthetic leg, a little boy who thinks he can't swim, etc.

The song "All These Things That I've Done" by the Killers is used in this commercial, and about half way through you begin to hear the lyrics "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier" slowly building up to a climax, where the people in the commercial are shown accomplishing the things that they thought they might not be able to do.

I really just find this commercial inspiring and unique in comparison to many other commercials for electronic and tech companies. It does not focus so much on the product, instead it tells a sort of story that brings the audience in and gives you a good feeling when you watch the commercial, and the use of the song helps to bring the whole commercial together. I actually get chills every time I see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment