Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What's Your Personal Brand?

Graduation is around the corner, your job search is getting increasingly urgent, and networking is crucial to securing the opportunity you want. How do you make yourself stand out from the crowd of qualified students all clamoring for the same positions as you?


Take a moment to think about your personal brand. As you know, every business and company out there has its own brand...but in today's society, everyday people all have brands too. Your personal brand consists of your identity, your interests, your skills, your passions--all the aspects of yourself that make you unique. Taking control of your personal brand now will allow you to better market yourself to potential employers during networking events and job interviews.

I'm still figuring out just what exactly I want my personal brand to be, but I do know that being a student has always been an important part of my identity. In the picture above, I'm graduating from college (that's me in the red sash). My notions of what type of career I wanted have definitely changed since then, but life is a process of continually learning. I like to think that a willingness to learn is one of the more marketable qualities that anyone can bring to their own personal brand.

So what about you? What interests and passions definite and drive your actions? What's your personal brand?


1 comment:

  1. I think this article is super insightful and thought-provoking. When thinking about my personal brand, I know I have a personal artistic style for everything I do. My digital/graphic design style is bold and simplistic, my photography tends to use bright colors and depth-of-field techniques, and my copywriting is light-hearted, casual, and humorous. In terms of my beliefs, I see life as a set of problems and solutions, and I know my career path is a prime example of that.

    ReplyDelete