Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What Has Tricycles, Trophies, Wheelbarrows, and is Orange All Over?

The answer is Brunner.

This past semester I interned at said advertising agency as the Account Management Intern. Jumping into an agency, as it turns out, is just as confusing as moving into a completely new culture -- new language, new customs, new attitudes. I had no idea, what so ever, as to what I was supposed to do, how I would fit in, or even where I was supposed to go and I nearly broke my neck tripping over a tricycle when I came through the elevators and stepped out into the art-deco lobby with the big, floating staircase suspended in the middle. The orange walls were as welcoming as they were intimidating, warm yet obviously purposeful -- scary for someone who felt like they had no purpose being there (just yet). I can't forget to mention, either, the wheelbarrows tucked away under the staircase loaded with trophies, which was one of the most exciting things to see, realizing at that point that I was stepping into an environment that not only was scary and new, but competitive and recognizable in the industry.

My first day wasn't too overly terrifying. Meeting the new interns who were clearly just as lost as I was made me feel much better. None of us even knew how to fill out our I-9 and W-2 forms. Talk about the blind leading the deaf. That's what HR is for, I guess -- the seeing eye dogs of new hires.

When we were told that the intern project was going to be suspended that semester, we realized it was our chance to shine and to make something of our lost-puppy-like appearances. Contacting a local anti-bullying, musical comedy act, The Josh & Gab Show (later, just Josh+Gab), we jumped head first into a complete rebranding effort, along with apparel design, flier design, posters, mailers, website overhaul etc... Being the main point of contact between the Brunner Intern Agency and Josh and Gab, I was responsible for communicating, as clearly as possible the desires of Josh and Gab to everyone.

Anyway, a long story made semi-short, you can see some of the projects we developed and handed over to Josh and Gab below (note: The bright blue and pink logo "The Josh & Gab Show" found in the top left of the first image is the old logo. Everything else you see is brand new).








1 comment:

  1. I love the colors used in this project. There is a lot of consistency here and the way you implement social media in this makes it flow really well!

    ReplyDelete