Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Far from a Tyrannosaurus Wreck





WPXI Presents: My Macy’s Holiday Parade



could be seen November 26th from 9am-11am on the streets of Downtown Pittsburgh.



Everything went smoothly throughout the broadcast and all of the parade attendees went home with smiles and cotton candy.



Two hours of broadcast time took five months of preparation.



Incredible, I know.



For three of those months I got to experience the world of advertising and event planning for this parade through my internship at WPXI. Because of this, I was named one of the associate producers.



Exciting, I know.



Anyway, as an intern in the programming department, I was given the job of writing scripts for the broadcast of the parade. Each act of the parade had to be contacted and important information had to be gathered.






Scripts were written up for WPXI anchors David Johnson and Peggy Finnegan so they could read the copy as acts, floats, and giant balloons strolled down Fifth Avenue.



Each of these scripts seemed to be a mini-commercial or advertisement.





There were even “mandatory mentions” that had to be said during the live broadcast because of special contract agreements.



Mentions included sponsors such as the Post-Gazette, Mini of Pittsburgh, and Kennywood Park.






I will never forget the day I became an Associate Producer.



















https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi7gEaVBYjETonbjz9SL3ojLxcwvk0x8bI2k9a7WZdWv5lEdVx2CsaLwHY4yOKDS43EzjqocZh83Udfw8qLjkQS4SbLJFknKs-u_8hpzdSLOugZDr4cXglQVZKcuo_pVnGEiy9Eu1aEGtit/s320/IMG_1140.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment