Monday, December 5, 2011

Moms at 42?

When my younger brother was born, my mother had just turned 40 and the doctors were surprised that at her age, she was having a child. Now, according to this ad, women can become mothers at 42 and even possibly older. I've heard of the 60 year old ladies having 'miracle babies' before, but I thought that older women having children was just a miracle.

When I saw this ad I was very surprised and interested. While the life span of Americans has been increasing over the decades, along with people getting married and such, I am surprised that a company like Nature Made would target older women having children because while there are an increased amount, it's still not that large of a demographic.

Now I'm all for waiting to have children, because we all know we don't need anymore teenage mothers, but aren't health risks for the children still an issue for older mothers? I don't know the answers or the risks really, so I guess this ad really did do it's job since I am so curious now after seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment