Thursday, February 16, 2012

An Advertising Design On a Different Scales


This advertisement ran in Denmark in 2011 and honestly just blew my mind. The city bus has been literally transformed into a three dimensional billboard for the Copenhagen  Zoo. Bates Y & R was the advertising firm that lead this campaign for the zoo. The ad design is just simply insane, it makes you believe you're seeing something you're really not and it just wraps you in...no pun intended. 
The contrast of the bright yellow bus against the large darker shaded snake along with the detailed shadowing really makes this ad pop. In the focal center you can read the word, "Zoo" which after seeing this ad, I would love to go. It makes you curious and makes you feel like you're already there. 

It was said to be on the best advertisements of 2011 with the help of creative director, Ib Borup and art director, Peder Schack. 

2 comments:

  1. this is amazing! I can honestly say I've never seen any advertisements that were this elaborate. I love how real it looks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this too it was pretty awesome I thought. I was looking around and found it with some other pretty innovative ones. It almost looks 3D and I think anyone can see how it would draw attention from someone.

    ReplyDelete