Monday, November 28, 2011

Dead Island Trailer


Dead Island is a zombie video game that was released earlier this fall. The trailer was graphic and gory, but also surprisingly enough, a bit emotional. Some said it would make you cry, which isn't what one would normally expect from a video game. The trailer showed glimpses if the game; zombies, blood, and a family. There were great screen shots, music and the trailer was played in a different order in which the storyline, and what was happening, all came together in the end. It was like watching a mini-movie. To watch the trailer on Youtube, you had to be 18+ or signed into an account due to the graphic content. Besides being a great advertisement, it created a lot of hype for the game and made you want to play it. I wanted to check it out and I don't even play video games.

1 comment:

  1. I still eat Fruit-by-the-foots and Gushers, but I haven't kept up my video game habits like I did when I was a kid. With that said, a trailer like this spiked the interest of my non-videogamer mindset.

    I watched this trailer a few months back after a few friends posted the links on their facebooks.

    I loved the backwards action of this video; it helped capture my attention until the very end of the advertisement. How did this scenerio begin? What happened to this family? All questions that my mind presented during the video.

    Since video games advertisements are usually only posed to one type of audience, the gamers, this is a refreshingly gruesome approach to guide the non-gamers into a world filled with zombies and maybe even a little bit of old school Maaaaario.

    ReplyDelete