Monday, November 28, 2011

Highmark - It's Everywhere


Over the past couple of weeks, I have been noticing the same ad campaign across Pittsburgh region. These ads that have been catching my eye aren’t for the typical store, product, or entertainment that typically litters the billboards and TV commercial ad space. Instead it is for the health insurance company Highmark. These cleverly designed ads take a very simple concept and expertly create advertisements that deliver the message to customers without having to ‘cut through the clutter’.

The major medium incorporated into this campaign is the use of billboards. They all have the same design – the bright blue bottom half, white top half, with a big green check mark and the type that reads “accepted everywhere”. The bright colors are very helpful in catching the public’s attention, and by using the green check mark as the center of the visual backs up what the type is saying. Also the placement of these billboards is another aspect of the success of these ads. From my own personal experience, I have seen these ads in the middle of downtown, all the way to the rural countryside of Pennsylvania. The TV commercials are just as effective. They use the same bright color pallet, playful background music, and arrows to signify ‘here’ and ‘here’ or all the places Highmark is accepted.

Although I could not find any internet pictures or links to these ads, I am positive that all you have to do is look around to find one. And when you do I believe you will be just as impressed as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment