Monday, November 28, 2011

Give me chicken! Give me liver!

Although there are thousands of new ads and commercials that come out every year, there are some that remain classics. One of the first commercials I remember seeing as a child and still can recall now is for the cat food Meow Mix. I know this may seem like a random commercial to so vividly remember, but I blame the jingle. The simple jingle is one that repeats one word -meow- over and over in a tune so catchy it will not leave your head for years (I'm living proof for that).




The Meow Mix jingle is a perfect example of why jingles exist in the first place. They are a catchy and easily remembered brand identifier. In this case, the jingle has been around for decades, even still appearing in commercials today. It is part of the Meow Mix brand, and because of that it won't be going anywhere soon.





1 comment:

  1. This jingle is so catchy! I don't know one person who doesn't know it off the top of their head.

    ReplyDelete