Monday, November 28, 2011

Whoever thought a Ginger could be so cool?


Chances are you have never heard of Lifestyle International Ltd. or Ginger. I hadn’t either until I saw their eye catching print ads online. But before I continue about these ads, allow me to catch you up on Lifestyle and Ginger. Lifestyle is a leading retail company in India. They sell anything from shoes to furniture and is comparable to what we call Macy’s. Ginger is a brand that can be found in Lifestyle stores all over. Although Ginger produces regular clothing they specialize in accessories, particularly jewelry.

I would have never been able to tell you about any of that if it had not been for the print ads I had found. These ads cleverly combine photographs of Ginger jewelry with whimsical sketch like drawings of women wearing it. What struck me first about these images was simply how interesting they were. It made me want to be the sketched women in the pictures. They appeared to possess a timeless beauty, with still being fun, fresh and young. Not surprisingly, this is the image and reaction that Ginger was trying to convey to its audience. According to their website their collections are meant for “the happy go lucky women who enjoy the sun and shade of life equally.” It further segments its intended audience into separate collections. These collections are for every type of woman – from the “soft romantic”, to the “head strong leader” there is a piece in this collection for everyone. This is also reflected in the print ads. All four of them seem to send a different personality and vibe to its audience. I think that Ginger did an excellent job in creating visually appealing ads that strongly speak to their intended audience.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I think if you didn't know about the ad's or company and just saw one of the ad's it could easily be mistaken for artwork.

    ReplyDelete