Friday, April 21, 2017

#Duquesneable

I'll miss Duquesne. 

Grad school is fast-paced and nonstop, but the skills learned both inside and outside of class make it all worth it. The MBA program gave me a better understanding of how businesses function, and the graduate electives I took in Marketing & Advertising were my favorite classes at Duquesne—especially since I want to focus my career in those fields after graduation.

While I haven't designed any marketing or advertising campaigns on a large scale yet, it was exciting to be in a large-scale marketing campaign for Duquesne's School of Business. A dozen Duquesne MBA students were selected to be in this campaign, and many photographs were taken during our photo shoot in September 2016, but the only photo chosen to be on busses everywhere (as of April 2017) was this one:


That's right. I'm officially #Duquesneable.

Being a part of Duquesne's branding for the School of Business is a fun and surreal experience. And of course, I couldn't finish this Advertising Campaigns class without blogging about it.

The photos taken for this campaign were not just used on bus ads…they have also been used on other parts of the Duquesne website, to promote various School of Business programs. For example, I've never been a Graduate Student Ambassador, but I am on the webpage about them:

The choice of Duquesne University to use real students, rather than paid models, lends authenticity to their campaign, providing prospective students with a personal connection. Being personal and relatable is a vital way for the university to differentiate its brand from that of other MBA programs. The effectiveness of the campaign should translate to increased enrollment and higher recruitment into Duquesne's MBA programs. 

At the end of the day, it was nice to advertise the university that has done so much to make me a more skilled employee in the job market. 


No comments:

Post a Comment