Monday, April 17, 2017

Walking, Talking Advertisements

Why create a campaign that viewers will look at for a few seconds when they could physically talk to someone? A new trend in the advertising world is hiring brand ambassadors- these people are representatives of the brand they work for. Personally, I am a brand ambassador at OrderUp, a food delivery service company.



OrderUp is a brand that delivers the undeliverable. Users download the OrderUp app and can choose from over 100 restaurants that do not normally deliver (such as Chipotle and Primanti Bros.).

My responsibilities include representing the brand at events, handing out flyers/coupons and free merchandise, delivering cookies to potentially partnered businesses, and promoting the brand on social media. The ultimate goal for my job is to spread the word about the brand and increase the number of new users to the app. We often have internal contests amongst the brand ambassadors to see who can get the most new users.



I am basically a walking, talking advertisement for the company. Each time I work, I make sure to give potentially new customers information about the brand and how the company works. I can answer questions for customers that they might not otherwise be able to understand from a simple billboard or flyer.

I believe this brand ambassador marketing strategy is important for start-up companies like OrderUp because it allows the brand to literally introduce itself to customers in a personal way. It also shows that the brand cares about its customers and cares about the community. 

Do you know of any companies that have brand ambassadors or could benefit from hiring brand ambassadors?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a brand ambassador for College Nannies, Sitters, and Tutors. My job is to recruit new nannies from Duquesne for the company. I do things like sit at a table in the Union to recruit, hang flyers, and speak at group meetings on campus. It's really cool because I'm able to talk to large groups of people who haven't even heard of the company and let them know of the opportunities available to them. The job gives me a demographic to reach and a centralized location to work with so I'm best able to serve the company. I've also seen brand ambassadors for things like Red Bull on campus. It makes for a memorable campaign and can definitely be beneficial to companies that want relatable ambassadors doing the ground work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several of my friends are brand ambassadors and it's a great job to add to your resume and have a lot to show on a portfolio. My friends constantly get great deals for the companies they represent, and because of this, I go to the places a lot more than I normally would. There are so many hungry college students looking for work, companies need to take advantage of this, which is what the idea of a "Brand Ambassador" is all about.

    ReplyDelete