Saturday, April 22, 2017

Times Square Snapchat ads

While I was home for easter I had a free day and chose to venture into Times Square since it had been a while since I was able to head into New York City. When I finally made it I was reminded again about the insane amount of large advertisements you are bombarded with. One (group) however, Snapchat, stood out to me the most. I found it very interesting that they chose to take four (only three pictured) different billboards for their ads. While I was not able to find an exact figure as to what the exact cost of each of these ads are in Times Square one can imagine the insane price tag that would
accompany this space. However after spending most of the day wandering midtown with friends and passing through times square a few times i noticed that unlike some of the other ads, the bright "snapchat yellow" lines of ads from anywhere on the west side of times square even though they were at the very bottom and if was only one ad was there you may not be able to see it.

Some other notes on it, the "snap code" pictured third from the right led the customer to a website where you could purchase spectacles.

One major thing that I noticed after examining the ad for a moment was that nowhere on any go them does it even say "Snapchat" or "Spectacles" yet I was instantly aware that this was an ad for snapchat.

1 comment: