Thursday, April 25, 2019

Clever Product Placement - Manolo Blahnik in Sex and the City

Sex and the City is a show that first aired in 1998 and it has been iconic ever since. The main focus of this show is fashion, friendhsip and love. There is not one episode where the main character doesn't look like a Vogue model. You don't have to be a fashion lover to know that shoes are and will always be the most important part of your outfit, and this is something that is said over and over again in this show. Carrie is obsessed with shoes and specifically Manolo Blahnik and they are showed up in 16 out of 94 episodes. I think this was a very clever product placement because the viewers are the target market for this brand. On top of that, the main character of the show is obsessed with these shoes. “I wanted to let you know that I’m getting married. To myself. And I’m registered at Manolo Blahnik.” (Carrie, Sex and the City) This is just one of many 'quotes' from this show about the brand. As a fashion lover, I can tell you that I would love to get married in Manolo's and that is thanks to this show. Great job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment