Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers

One of the first things that I thought of when presented with the topic of brand pairings in advertising was the lip smackers that I'm sure all of us girls used in middle school. Dr. Pepper and Lip Smackers came together to create this product that was a hit in the early 2000s. 
Dr Pepper
Large benefits of brand pairing is that it broadens that target audience of both brands, increases awareness, and increases revenue. This specific brand pairing targets young girls, who most likely already love soda and gives them a new flavor for their favorite accessory. It is very beneficial to lip smackers because it gives them a new, tasty flavor that a lot of people already love. It is beneficial to Dr. Pepper because it broadens their target market and gets awareness out about how good their drink is through a different medium.

As I stated before, this was a hit in middle school among most girls. Plus, they still sell it today. Obviously, this brand pair has been successful for many years and still continues to be. According to many Amazon Reviews, people love it for the taste and the long lasting chapstick, so it is successful for both businesses. Plus, as one Amazon reviewer stated, it's the same great taste minus the calories! 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this scent/flavor was introduced in the 1970s. I used it as a kid in the 1980s and 90s. I loved collecting Lip Smackers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a good pairing and I remember buying a lot of different soda and candy flavored chap sticks when I was little. It was definitely trendy and I think that both brands were really ingenious when they paired up together.

    ReplyDelete