Thursday, April 25, 2019

Doritos Locos Tacos - Taco Bell and Doritos Partnership

I remember the moment when I started seeing this campaign. Taco Bell is not my favorite, but there is a Taco Bell right next to my mom's house and whenever we wanted to eat from fast food, that was basically our go to. On the other hand, I love Doritos. My thought process was "if it has Doritos, it should be good." I remember that it was supposed to be sold for a limited time only and I HAD to get it. "Taco Bell released the product in 2012 and sold more than a billion units in the first year. The fast-food company had to hire an estimated 15,000 workers to keep up with demand." (Lutz, Business Insider) I think it is very interesting to see a partnership like this one and I believe this is very smart for both brands and a move that can be called 'revolutionary'. I for one never had in mind about a Dorito made in the form of a taco shell, but it is for sure an interesting idea and got my attention immediately.  After being such a hit, Taco Bell and Frito Lay decided to make this part of the Taco Bell menu. Kudos to one of the smartest partnerships of this decade and the most successful menu item!! 

Lutz, A. (2014, February 26). How Taco Bell's Lead Innovator Created The Most Successful Menu Item Of All Time. Retrieved 2019, from https://www.businessinsider.com/taco-bell-doritos-locos-taco-story-2014-2


No comments:

Post a Comment